A large accountancy firm is seeking an Audit Manager to join their growing team, to be in charge of a portfolio of clients, managing the full cycle of your audit engagements. The role holder will be actively involved in coaching, supporting, developing and managing energetic, diverse and high-performing teams.
- Planning, budgeting and organising the audits of your clients
- Managing work in progress and ensuring timely completion thereof
- Delivering high quality client service, identifying and solving problems, addressing queries and concerns
- Reviewing the work undertaken by audit teams, addressing substandard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coaching others and encouraging them to take ownership of their development;
- Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone, e.g. digital upskilling and effective use of new technology;
- Analysing complex issues, ideas or proposals and building a range of meaningful recommendations;
- Using multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions;
The desirable candidate will have relevant experience as an Audit Manager (minimum 3 years post-qualification), preferably from a Big 4 or medium-tier firm, hold a professional accounting qualification, have excellent organisational and management skills and previous financial services experience.