A private bank is seeking a VP of Regional Application to join their IT department, to be responsible for improving operational processes and supporting critical business strategies by directing the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems and services in Europe and for Trust. This includes leading and managing staff, formulating business systems architecture plans, estimating costs, and ensuring projects meet strategic needs.
- Lication, planning and coordination of a set of related projects within a programme of business change, to manage their interdependences in support of specific business strategies and objectives.
- The provision of advice, assistance and leadership in improving the quality of software development and the facilitation of improvements by changing approaches and working practice.
- The specification and design of information systems to meet defined business needs.
- The creation of viable specifications and acceptance criteria needed to assess the viability of initiatives including the testing and documentation levels required for new and/or amended solutions.
The role requires that the individual ideally has:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Temenos T24 banking system, at both a development and application management level
- Ten years’ experience in a related applications management leadership role.
- A proven track record of delivering similar capabilities.
- Supporting qualifications.
- Incident management and analysis techniques, and Service Desk tools used for the recording and management of all
- Knowledge Management tools for learning from past experience.
- Known Error database for logging and referencing 'work-rounds' and 'quick fixes.
- Statistical analysis and trending tools, such as spreadsheets.
- Component Failure Impact Analysis (CFIA) techniques.
- System Outage Analysis (SOA) techniques.
- A willingness to travel to a level necessary to perform the role effectively (primarily, but not limited to, Europe).