Our client is currently looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to join their growing team, to undertake the following duties:
- Working with the Regional IT Team providing 1st and 2nd line support
- As and when required working within the IT team providing 1st and 2nd line support which spans offices in multiple jurisdictions and time zones.
- Completion of IT operational tasks
- Ensure maximum availability and uptime of systems running on hardware, such as email systems and systems relying on database servers and file servers.
- Ensure that all systems are fully backed-up and resilient and that data is stored securely in line with IT security requirements.
- To assist with IT business continuity plan testing
- Assist when necessary with the implementation of IT strategy for Jersey and across the group from time to time.
- Management of key hardware, including PC’s, servers, printers, multi-function devices, mobile devices, telephone and fax equipment.
Applicants must have the following experience and knowledge:
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience of working part of a team
- Experience of working in or had experience of working in\for different jurisdictions
- Experience in Microsoft solutions for example: Windows OS, Office Suite, Active Directory and Exchange
- Basic networking knowledge
- Experience with AV and endpoint security solution(s) - for example McAfee solution
- End user mobile support (iPhone\Android)
- Experience with Backup administration
- PC\Server Hardware support experience
- Qualifications in Microsoft solutions for example: Windows OS, Office Suite, Active Directory and Exchange desirable