A global leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management, business is looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their Guernsey team.
The role holder will be e responsible for generating and delivering a variety of project work on our customer sites.
- Identify and generate project opportunities from within a set portfolio of maintenance contracts.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
- Work with developers, designers and sub contractors to define and document scope(s) of work(s).
- Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome.
- Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub contractor returns.
- Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”. Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, quantity surveying, sub contractor management and site manager duties.
- Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
- Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business. Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Business Unit.
- Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Up to date knowledge of the construction market
- Fully competent with Project Management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
- Understanding of the difference between mark up and margin
- Minimum of 5 years proven Project Management experience in an M&E, FM ,construction or critical environment
- IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
- Recognised technical qualification in construction, M or E or similar
- Recognised qualification in Project Management