The Product Specialist will be accountable for the delivery of Product & Proposition support in developing and managing the current and potential product requirements for the business, distributors, and customers. Responsibility for identifying, defining and delivering within the set parameters of the corporate strategy, relevant legislations and regulations as well as industry best practice.
- Prepare product legal documentation, including the terms and conditions that form the basis of the contract between the company and the policyholder and the principal offering materials, ensuring accuracy across all aspects of the product
- Ensure product offering documentation/technical materials are compliant in all regulated territories at all times. Investigate changes in tax and legislation and how they affect products and relevant documentation.
- Assist in the ongoing development of new and existing products with particular emphasis on market and competitor research, product design, technical documentation, regulatory requirements and any relevant tax, compliance or legal matters
- Support in product-related strategy planning with a view to maintaining competitive edge while protecting margin
- Provide product technical support to colleagues for existing and new business
- Responsibility for product-related systems’ development and maintenance
Applicants will have a strong technical/legal writing skills; ability to communicate complex information in a clear manner, have a strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrable project management and organisation skills. They must also be a qualified solicitor with up to 3 years’ post qualification experience (preferably with some experience of life insurance products) or a life insurance product/technical support specialist with relevant financial adviser/insurance industry qualifications.