The Financial Controller will join our Client’s Finance Department, to be responsible for financial control and reporting for a specific service line in Funds or Private Wealth in Guernsey.
- Support the Senior Manager and Head of Finance in the development of annual budgets in accordance with Group timetable.
- Deliver accurate and timely information as required, ensuring that the financial performance of the business area is measured against budgets and forecasts.
- Delivery of monthly management accounts in agreed format and in accordance with Group timetable including both financial, non-financial and KPI data as required.
- Support the production and/or review of the financial control and reporting activities in relation to other service lines within Guernsey.
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance, provide proactive support to the Managing Directors to ensure that there is a full and complete understanding of the financial performance of all business activities (and department codes) against agreed budgets and targets, risks targeted and that opportunities for profit improvement are identified.
The desirable candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Professionally qualified accountant, or qualified by experience
- Knowledge and experience of financial services industry
- Ability to deliver on tight monthly reporting timescales
- Strong Excel and computer skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and stakeholder management skills