The Compliance Officer will fulfil a broad support role within the Risk, Legal and Compliance team, but with a particular bias toward compliance, assessment of new business, completion of periodic tasks for the Compliance Monitoring Programme, administration support for and basic AML support.
- Provide administrative support services to the Head of Compliance.
- Provide support services to management and staff in respect of basic legal and compliance matters.
- Provide secretarial services to Committee and/or Risk Assessment Committee as required.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and execution of allocated tasks as part of the Compliance
- Monitoring Programmes
- Assist in identifying and appropriately managing compliance risks and assist in the development, enhancement, and implementation of active Compliance Monitoring Programmes.
- Participate actively in the assessment of risks associated with our client base, particularly during the “take-on” phase.
- Distribute new and amended policies and directives to the relevant policy “owner”.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Good communication/interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Solid negotiation skills and the ability to stay firm under pressure.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Suitable professional qualification(s) (ICA certificate level)
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations