A trust company is seeking a Compliance Monitoring Officer, to undertake the Compliance Monitoring Programme, thereby ensuring the business is protected against, financial crime, regulatory, reputational, and operational risk.
- Implement the CMP, ensuring no backlogs develop.
- Ensure that findings are accurately logged and monitored to conclusion.
- Based on findings, suggest actions required e.g. additional training, increased / reduced frequency of specific tests.
- Escalate significant findings to the Money Laundering Compliance Officer.
- Working with the business to strengthen its compliance culture by being approachable and clearly articulating requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- In-depth, detailed knowledge of relevant laws, Regulations, Rules, Codes etc; and
- Excellent technical knowledge of the Fiduciary Sector.
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
The post-holder must have appropriate professional compliance qualifications or a number of years’ experience in a compliance and financial crime role.