A private bank is seeking a Company Secretary to be responsible for the efficient administration of a company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
- Provide recommendations to Board on corporate governance best practice for the Bank and execute as agreed by executive management and the Board.
- Coordinate and attend Board meetings of relevant companies and provide accurate minutes of the deliberations and decision of those Boards (or committees of the Board).
- Liaise with the Managing Director and Board committee Chairperson as required, regarding the convening of Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Drafting of Agenda and Minutes of meetings of the Board and Board Committees.
- Liaise with Directors and Officers regarding attendance at meetings.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new Board directors.
- Oversee all regulatory corporate governance filings with the GFSC.
- Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of governance, risk and compliance policies, processes and procedure.
Applicants must have a minimum of 10 years of broad experience of both staff and operational management gained in an appropriate business environment, preferably the Finance sector, have excellent IT skills and have the ability to work under pressure to a high standard, with a particular focus on responding to stakeholder needs at short notice.