A captive insurance business arm of a financial services group is seeking a Client Insurance / Accounting Assistant to join their growing team.
Overall purpose of the role
- Assisting the Client Service teams in aspects of insurance and/or accounting to deliver a timely, high quality service to a portfolio of clients.
- Board meeting attendance and contribution including prior preparation of the board pack on VB
- First review of minutes and matter arising following board meetings
- Prepares renewal terms and has involved with renewal negotiations
- Liaises with brokers, loss adjusters, lawyers, actuaries and other third party service providers
- Prepares draft policy wording, slips, cover notes, endorsements and certificates
- Reviews and confirms claims coverage and incidents
- Underwriting, claims and premium administration
- Monitoring solvency and capital adequacy by preparation of solvency calculations
- Maintains all individual and bordereau files
- Preparation of the annual insurance return to the GSFC
- Assists the with the preparation of management accounts and statutory financial statements by the preparation of accounts working papers and input into the accounting records
The desirable candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, have excellent time management skills and be a team player.