Our client is seeking an Assistant Fund Accountant to be primarily involved in assisting Fund Accountants in the delivery of the Company’s client accounting and reporting requirements of closed and open-ended funds of the Company investing in private equity, property, alternative and conventional fund asset classes.
- Develop an understanding of all entities within the fund structure, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements
- Work with senior colleagues in the team to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for all entities in allocated portfolio including the production of annual audited accounts; interim unaudited accounts; quarterly unaudited net asset valuations and capital statements for a growing portfolio of co-investment vehicles and other client related entities.
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers for the production of annual, interim and management accounts and fund reporting. This will include the consolidation of investment holding companies in other jurisdictions.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills.
- Either currently working towards ACCA qualification or willing to undertake the qualification.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Limited Partnership and Corporate structures.
- After an initial period of training/familiarisation be aware of the filing requirements of the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Possess good communication skills, attention to detail, including areas such as working papers and adherence to timetables.