Our client is looking to recruit an Analyst, to join their Listings department. Reporting to the Manager, Listings Admissions, the Analyst will scrutinise applications for listing using a risk-based approach, provide feedback and request further details from Member firms and ensure a high quality and professional service is provided.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the decision-making process by presenting and making recommendations to the Listing and Membership Committee
- Undertaking appropriate due diligence under the guidance of the Director and Head of Risk, Regulation and Compliance to ensure that all pertinent information of an issuer is identified and reporting those findings for consideration (e.g. negative media, fines, criminal convictions or legal proceedings)
- Liaising with Sponsors in respect of Listing Applications via letters, telephone and email to communicate decisions and maintain good relationships
- Assisting with the supervision, training and continued development of Assistant Analysts
The desirable candidate will have the following key competencies and qualities:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrates leadership potential
- Attention to detail with an inquisitive nature and the ability to scratch beneath the surface and question facts
- Express an interest in continuing professional development, including studying for industry specific qualifications and attending other educational courses and seminars.
- A Levels / degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a professional finance organisation or similar