A large financial services firm with modern offices is looking to recruit a Payroll Executive to work as part of a small team and take responsibility for payroll and finance processing functions for the company's in-house and client payroll.
- Preparation of monthly payroll for Guernsey & Jersey staff and Channel Island client payrolls
- Calculation of final pay amounts for joiners & leavers (pro-rating pay)
- Calculation of maternity pay & extended leave payment planning.
- Liaising with client payroll HR team and internal HC teams to ensure continuity of service and prepare accurate and timely information.
- Assisting with month end accounts, including monthly journals and reconciliations
- Be able to take leading role for payroll process during manager's absence, organising timelines and supporting the payroll team.
- Relocation refunds to new staff in-line with employment contracts
- Administration of benefit packages including: Pension, Medical Insurance, Car Insurance & Health club membership - liaising with 3rd parties and deducting costs from payroll.
- Preparation & submission of Income Tax and Social Security returns & payments
- Annual calculations of taxable Benefits in Kind to Guernsey staff
- Answering inhouse staffs’ ad hoc payroll queries
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience of Guernsey & Jersey payroll, be highly organised, numerate and have a good attention to detail.