An expanding legal firm is seeking an experienced legal secretary to support the fee earners in the provision of a confidential legal secretarial service by providing competent and efficient secretarial duties.
- Screening of telephone calls for fee earners
- Some direct contact with clients in person and answering general queries or attending minor problems
- Collect internal and external mail throughout the day and pass relevant correspondence to fee earners
- Typing and amending Court documents, if applicable, and associated documents
- Sending and monitoring the transmission of faxes and emails
- Maintaining Fee Earners diaries and making appointments
- Co-ordinating itineraries for meetings on and off Island, researching trip information as necessary
- Preparing pre-bills and invoices
- Opening new client files and matters on database system
- All filing of emails, attachments and other documentation on document management system and hard file system on a regular basis
- Closing and archiving of files
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years’ Legal Secretarial experience, strong IT skills, excellent attention to detail and have proven communication, time management and organisation skills.