A leading investor services group is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to support technology solutions that address current challenges and future needs of the enterprise to give digital edge to clients.
Primary escalation point for the Central Service Desk regarding issues and requests:
- Locally and within the other jurisdictions under your responsibility
- Management of incidents and Service requests escalated by the Central Service Desk
- Manage and maintain all hardware: locally and within the other jurisdictions
- Taking ownership of local support incidents and service requests
- Updating and maintaining tickets within the service management toolset
- Categorise and priorities tickets according to service management processes
- Assist with the installation, configuration, patching and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software (incl. Tracking of hardware inventory).
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Work with vendor support contracts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
The role holder will possess a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on-call operational tasks and day to day technology support.
Skills needed to succeed:
- ITIL Foundation, Microsoft certification, Cisco Certification
- Possess a strong technical background on end-user/desktop support and audio-visual set-up and support
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude and be willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
- Demonstrable knowledge of administering Active Directory, Exchange, File & Folder permissions, GPO, SharePoint administration, Skype
- Excellent communication skills