A local business is seeking a Business Development Manager, to identify opportunities within the market to commence new business and to deepen extant relationships.
- To meet with prospective and existing clients and discuss opportunities where the business may be able to provide solutions
- Document and share market data and customer feedback with the directors of the business
- Develop and promote the company's brand awareness and reputation.
- Execute the business strategy as communicated from time to time by the senior management
- Monitor and report regularly the effectiveness of each strategy
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Must have a current and valid driving licence
- Proven experience within a sales environment is essential
- Ability to build and develop relationships in a commercial manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management experience required for both meetings and reporting activity with the ability to work within given timeframes and prioritise workloads
- Knowledge and experience of IT applications & databases, including Microsoft Applications
- Ability to adapt to both working alone and within a small team
- Previous experience in a finance or insurance sector