Our client is seeking an Analyst and Research & Development to join their team. This is a split role, with 50% of time working as an analyst and 50% working in research and development.
The duties of this role relate to but are not limited to:
- Developing models and tools to improve efficiencies in data manipulation and analysis for the actuarial teams.
- Carrying out research in relation to new and best practice to help the development of the employee benefits & consultancy areas.
- Assisting in the preparation of data and calculations for actuarial valuations and financial reporting of pension schemes for our clients.
- Calculating benefits for individual members of pension schemes and preparing draft letters to communicate the results.
- Preparing and checking standard valuation reports.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum A Grade at A Level for Maths or equivalent.
- Applications also welcome from candidates of a science-based degree.
- Basic use of Word and email are a minimum requirement.
- Advanced use of Excel is preferred.
- Training will be provided in all aspects of the work required.
- Able to demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision on tasks assigned to them after an initial briefing of the task required.
- Interested in mathematical modelling, problem solving, computer programming and research