The REC UK have just published their latest annual Recruitment Industry Report, with some very interesting findings!
- The recruitment industry contributed £41.3 billion to the UK economy in 2022, of which £33.9 billion was for temporary and contract placement activity and £7.4 billion related to permanent placements.
- UK recruiters made 25.7 million temporary/contract placements in 2022, with 976,400 temp workers on assignment on any given day!
- There were also 702,950 permanent placements in the UK in 2022, up from the projected 500,000.
- There were 29,635 recruitment businesses operating across the UK at the start of 2023.
- The UK recruitment industry directly employed 238,608 staff in 2022.
So a very positive year all round!
Here in Guernsey we may only have c.10 recruitment agencies operating, however recruitment remains very buoyant on the Island, with several hundred vacancies still on our books here at Situations at any one time. Usually there is a little bit of a slow-down in recruitment as Christmas approaches, however the vast majority of our clients are still actively recruiting at present for their many available Guernsey roles.
And the candidate market remains buoyant too, with quality new candidates registering with our agency every day.
There has never been a better time to recruit.