An international insurance company is seeking an Underwriter, to be will be responsible for delivering a profitable Underwriting service to their clients.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Reviewing submissions including applications, policy wording, inspection reports, loss runs, and financial reports while conducting appropriate research to determine degree of risk for each account
- Calculating appropriate risk premium by considering the risk costs inherent to the sector, reinsurance cessions as well as the Underwriting and general administration costs while ensuring profitability.
- Proactively advising, assisting, servicing and following up with clients on insurance and risk management matters to ensure satisfaction and fulfillment of their insurance requirements.
- Controlling timely implementation of new and renewed accounts according to quality standards.
- Reviewing loss control reports and managing policy endorsement requests to process any necessary changes to the policy.
- Maintaining awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims.
Our client is looking for someone who has the following abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- 3-6 years’ experience in insurance, possessing functional knowledge and skills reflective of a fully competent practitioner.
- Strong Industry Knowledge and Commercial/Business Acumen.
- Analytical, negotiation and sales/marketing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent customer service focus is a must.