The Trust Manager will report directly to the Senior Trust Manager and act both directly as the day-to-day client contact for a number of family members, family offices and their nominated representatives for a number of complex structures, as well as being responsible for the direct management and mentoring of the more junior members within the team. The role holder will work with the Senior Trust Manager in coordinating and overseeing the team members, who also have direct client contact within the GFO Fiduciary team. They will be expected to manage all of the fiduciary aspects of the relationship, also acting as a central point of contact internally and working closely with the Relationship Manager (where appointed) to provide the level of service clients expect.
- Requested at times to attend senior management committee meetings as delegated by the Board
- Responsible for the day to day management of a book of relationships.
- Manage and mentor a small team of Fiduciaries also responsible for a book of GFO clients
- Hosting, co-ordinating and when necessary minuting Fiduciary related meetings and decisions.
- Works alongside the Relationship Manager in preparing and attending client meetings and work with internal partners or third parties on any action items which arises.
- To act as an authorised signatory for the corporate entities of Northern Trust in respect to the management of the trust structures
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- STEP or ICSA Qualification
- Experience of co-ordinating, attending and minuting board meetings and decisions
- Knowledge of fiduciary standards and financial products and services
- Tax and applicable laws and regulations usually acquired through training, seminars, law school or related experience
- Direct experience in interacting with demanding clients or prospects and meeting their needs
- Excellent organizational skills and comfort in prioritizing competing demands