A large Actuarial and Consultant Group is seeking a Trainee Actuary to join their pensions team.
The duties of this role include but are not limited to
- Assisting in the preparation of data and calculations for actuarial valuations and financial reporting of pension schemes for their clients.
- Calculating benefits for individual members of pension schemes and preparing draft letters to communicate the results.
- Preparing and checking standard valuation reports.
- Being responsible for checking the work of other team members in the Pensions Actuarial department.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Minimum A Grade at A Level for Maths or equivalent
- Applications also welcome from candidates of a science-based degree.
- Basic use of Word, Excel and E-mail are a minimum requirement
- Able to demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision on tasks assigned to them after an initial briefing of the task required.