Our client is looking to recruit a Tax Senior, to assist the Tax team with the preparation of Guernsey and UK personal and company tax returns.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for own portfolio of clients with assistance and guidance from a Tax Manager/ Tax Director
- Preparation of personal and company tax returns for Guernsey and UK, and corresponding by letter, email and telephone, ensuring accuracy and timely preparation to meet deadlines, ensuring the file is completed to a high standard before submission for review, clearly highlighting any issues and endeavours to exceed client expectations
- Preparation of supporting schedules by analysing backing documentation in a complete and thorough manner
- Responsible for the checking of assessments, statements of account and surcharge notices for accuracy and highlighting any anomalies
- Liaising with authorities regarding tax and social security queries and responding in an efficient and timely manner, developing knowledge over time and increasing confidence to deal with more complex issues
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Has the ability to apply knowledge and experience and display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve non-routine problems and analyse data from a variety of different sources.
- Possesses excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to solve non-routine problems and analyses data from a variety of difference sources.
- Has at least two years relevant experience, and holds a relevant professional qualification