An international bank is seeking a Tax and Fund Accountant to join their Portfolio Management team, to oversee a portfolio of Private Market (Alternative Assets) in regard to the financial reporting process for the fund of hedge funds, private equity and real estate investment vehicles of which the company is the Manager.
The role will include the following key areas:
- Oversight of the planning process for the preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Oversight of the arrangement of approval meetings for the annual financial statements
- Technical accounting support in connection with the accounting and reporting issues arising on the annual financial statements of the managed entities
- Administrators of the managed and miscellaneous entities within the investment structure
- Tax reporting
- To review and ensure that all tax returns for all alternatives funds are accurate and complete, with the deliverable that all tax return are filed on time with no tax penalties.
- To review all tax memos prepared by outsourced tax provider (required under IFRS or US GAAP) for all financial statements and to provide coverage to the lead technical accountant responsible for financial statements
- Oversee the winding up/liquidating of all entities who fulfil the following criteria;
- Signoff the periodic valuations of the administered Private Equity entities and Real Estate entities
The desirable candidate will hold an ACCA or equivalent Tax qualification with relevant practical accounting or tax experience, 3+ years qualified and have previous fund accounting and administration experience, preferably with a background in private equity or real estate.
They will also have proven and effective process management, organisational and interpersonal skills.