Our client is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join their IT department, to report to the Software Development Lead & Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Test, verify and deploy programs and applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and upgrade existing software
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Ensure optimal uptime, security and performance
- Support the implementation of suitable technologies to streamline operations
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance
- Support the mitigation of IT related risks
- Work collaboratively across the Group, ensuring technical solutions and service levels meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Support disaster recovery maintenance, testing, and procedures for the Group.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role;
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle;
- Expertise in broker, trader or exchange technology, is preferable, but not essential;
- Relevant qualification(s) and demonstration of continued development
Key technology knowledge required:
- RESTful web services built with C#, .NET core and Entity Framework, or equivalent.
- Java Servlets, Camunda BPM system, Tomcat application server. Experience with PostgreSQL and PL/pgSQL; familiarity with SQL database systems.
- Use of source management GIT or equivalent tool in a multi developer environment.
- Familiarity with unit testing practices and TDD tools like XUnit and Karma.
- Windows (server & client), Linux (server), Visual Studio, Eclipse, or equivalent