Our client is seeking a Senior Tax Associate to assist the Guernsey Tax team with the preparation of personal and company tax returns.
- Responsible for own portfolio of basic clients, with assistance and guidance from a Tax Senior.
- Preparation of personal and company tax returns for Guernsey (and UK entities occasionally), and corresponding by letter, email and telephone, ensuring accuracy and timely preparation to meet deadlines, ensuring the file is completed to a high standard before submission for review, clearly highlighting any issues and endeavours to exceed client expectations.
- Preparation of supporting schedules by analysing backing documentation in a complete and thorough manner.
- Responsible for the checking of assessments, statements of account and surcharge notices for accuracy and highlighting any anomalies.
- Liaising with authorities regarding tax and social security queries and responding in an efficient and timely manner, developing knowledge over time, and increasing confidence to deal with more complex issues.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Has the ability to apply knowledge and experience and display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve routine problems and analyse data from a variety of different sources.
- Possesses excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A-Levels (3 C’s or above), or equivalent, or Degree (2:1 or above), or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in accounting with Guernsey tax knowledge