Our client is seeking a Senior Insurance Technician to support team members in carrying out day to day insurance, underwriting and claims processes for a panel of clients. Over time the role will progress to take primary responsibility for a portfolio of clients under the supervision of the Insurance Manager and Operational Executive.
- Ensure that client deadlines in respect of insurance, underwriting and claims processes are met, at all times within the requisite procedures and practices and to the agreed service levels.
- Monitor renewal deadlines for all clients and be proactive in starting renewal process.
- Assist with underwriting assessment and premium calculations.
- First review of (re)insurance documentation to ensure it aligns with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Monitoring and chasing premiums receipts, reinsurance recoveries, commissions and brokerage payments etc.
- Review and processing of claims notifications, bordereaux & loss adjusters reports etc ensuring accuracy and that they are processed within a timely manner.
- Preparation of all insurance related matters for client Board
- Support of &/or presentation of insurance related matters to client Directors at Board Meetings.
- Preparing the first draft of minutes for allocated meetings to be circulated for internal review within 7 days following the meeting date
The ideal candidate should hold a minimum of Cert CII and be working towards ACII and have at least two / three years general insurance experience, be a team player and have excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
Previous experience within the captive insurance industry is desirable.