A financial services business is seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, to be responsible for the financial statements of entities administered by the company and to be involved in the review process for financial statements of entities prepared by other members of the team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparing the timetable for accounts production
- Agreeing the Proforma with the client and other interested parties incorporating their comment
- Planning and co-ordinating the dividend exercise with clients and other departments.
- Preparing dividend input forms
- Notifying interested parties that a dividend has been declared
- Co-ordinating the audits and assisting with audit queries.
- Preparing accounts for Manager review
- Processing review points.
- Submitting GFSC and Stock Exchange notifications and announcements.
- Preparation and submission of Guernsey tax returns.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Accounting standards (IFRS / UK GAAP)
- Knowledge of Company Law
- Good IT skills – Excel to Intermediate level
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time Management and organisational skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA)