A legal firm is seeking a Senior Compliance & Risk Management Officer to join their growing team to undertake the following daily duties:
- Ensuring the business is fully regulatory compliant, both in its external obligations and in the implementation of its internal policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any changes needed to policies and procedures are notified, drafted and implemented accordingly, with support as needed.
- Liaising with all staff and assisting with any AML/CFT/Data Protection queries, including the circulation of any THEMIS sanction notifications
- Maintaining the firm’s compliance monitoring programme and periodic review calendars
- Assisting the MLRO with any SARs (although this is certainly not a day-to-day occurrence)
- Filing the annual Financial Crime Risk Form
The desirable candidate will have previous experience gained within a Compliance/Risk Management role within either the legal or financial services sectors, hold an ICA Diploma or Certificate in Compliance (or a willingness to undertake relevant professional studies) and have a detailed knowledge of the Guernsey AML/CFT Regime.