A private bank is seeking a Senior Company Secretary to join the CEO Office and Company Secretariat department. The Company Secretariat team is responsible for delivering timely, value adding company secretarial support and providing advice on company secretarial and corporate governance matters within the group.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Assisting with the development and delivery of appropriate internal board training programmes
- Managing/delivering company secretarial projects such as corporate governance and board effectiveness reviews, group company mergers and liquidations and providing active support and advice to wider Group projects such as restructurings and external acquisitions.
- Assisting with the updates to the directors and staff on significant company secretarial and corporate governance matters.
- Ensuring the appropriate maintenance of and periodical update of the various internal and external statutory registers and required filings
- Attending board meetings and committees in all jurisdictions
- Ensuring the prompt production and circulation of draft minutes, tracking of matters arising, circulation of agendas, resolutions and meeting papers as set out in the Co Sec meetings tracker;
- Working with Compliance to ensure relevant regulatory requirements are met including timely completion of regulated appointments requiring board approval
- Developing and strengthening relationships with business heads to proactively promote best practice and ensuring a good understanding of corporate governance requirements in order to manage and minimise risks
Applicants must have proven company secretarial experience gained working at Board level for UK, or Channel Islands , have good organisational and project management skills.
They will also have excellent communication skills, knowledge of company law as well as more general regulatory and industry requirements and be an ICSA graduate or other company secretarial qualification or 5 + years in Trust/Company or Company Secretarial role.