A specialist insurance business is seeking a Senior Claims Handler to join their Guernsey Crisis Management Claims Team. The claims team handles incidents arising from all areas of the Crisis Management portfolio, including kidnap, detention, physical damage or theft of property.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Handling new claims as they are presented to the claims team, on all classes of business.
- Liaising with brokers and other external third parties as necessary to complete the adjustment process.
- Reviewing open claims on a regular basis and following up with brokers as necessary.
- Setting appropriate reserves based on the information made available in the claim submission.
- Work with underwriters during the claims adjustment process and keep them informed of developments on the file.
- Attending internal claims meetings and presenting Guernsey claims for reserving and actuarial review.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A confident communicator with demonstrable communication skills both oral and written.
- Someone who can analyse complex issues but is also pragmatic, commercial and solution orientated.
- Previous experience of handling claims independently.
- Able to work under pressure and can manage the different needs and demands of various stakeholders
- Demonstrates high quality administrative and organizational skills, pays attention to details and can work unsupervised and under own initiative when required, but, equally can work competently under instruction.