An expanding legal firm is seeking a Senior Associate to join their Dispute Resolution team, to be responsible for all aspects of the preparation and conduct of proceedings of all kinds in courts and other tribunals, including insolvency proceedings, as well as advice on all matters involving disputes or potential disputes, the enforcement of rights and obligations and the interpretation of legal documents and legislation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises clients, in keeping with the internal policies and procedures, with respect to all aspects of client matters assigned to the Litigation and Insolvency Practice Group.
- Represents the Group in dealings with other law firms, government representatives, agencies, and other professionals involved with the client's matters.
- Responsible for developing a thorough understanding of each assigned client's business and business philosophy, and for communicating that knowledge to whomever within the group may work on the client's matters.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Have an minimum of 5 years PQE experience
- Must be a qualified lawyer with strong academic qualifications.
- Knowledge of litigation procedures and underlying substantive laws as well as legal areas having regard to area of specialisation and level of qualification.
- Advocacy skills appropriate to level of qualification.
- Good academic record, as evidenced by degree and other exam results or course grades. Excellent interpersonal skills.