A highly dynamic professional services firm is seeking a Risk Officer to work with the Senior Manager within the team to deliver an effective information protection service to the business.
- Implementation and monitoring of firm policy relating to Information Protection.
- Promoting awareness of information protection risks to the business
- Advising business units and client engagement teams on data protection risk assessments and implementation of mitigating controls
- Maintaining documentation of data protection compliance activities, undertaking business monitoring and preparation of management reports
- Investigation and evaluation of potential CI data breaches, escalated by the UK Data Loss team
- Data subject access requests and queries
- Completion of network assessments and liaising with UK/ Global information protection teams
- Monitoring regulatory developments, completion of regulatory returns and communications
The role will include assisting in managing the firm’s Data Protection and Technology Risk. They will also assist other internal teams with projects, such as Compliance, Finance, etc. This will be on an ad hoc basis, where capacity allows.
Applicants must have good project management skills, the ability to analyse and understand business processes and risk, strong written and verbal communication skills, good IT skills and be comfortable learning new applications.