Our client is seeking a hands-on, enthusiastic and client focused Relationship Manager with a strong technical background in property lending to build and manage relationships with key corporate and family office clients.
The role will include managing a number of complex property lending transactions as well as bespoke lending transactions for corporate acquisitions and investment portfolio gearing. The role will support the Head of the Corporate & Family Office Team, the Head of Corporates Guernsey and existing relationship managers in providing property, financial and credit analysis on new lending requests.
Core Skills and knowledge
- Solid financial analysis skills to aid with the assessment of new and existing clients and lending opportunities
- A good appreciation of standard bank lending terms and conditions and the ability to negotiate documentation based on the advice of bank legal, paying heed to and managing the credit risks of loan documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- A head for detail and project management – managing the many moving parts in credit risk, onboarding, clients, lawyers, valuers, advisors, monitoring surveyors and professional partners, bringing them all together to deliver a successful drawdown and then managing the loan over its subsequent lifecycle.
- Ability to learn quickly, be willing to ask questions to learn and react to clients’ requirements within policies of the Bank.
- Solid general administration skills.
- Knowledge of lending procedures including credit and draw down related matters.