A finance sector organisation is looking for an Recruitment Officer to provide an efficient recruitment service in the Channel Islands for both student and experienced hires across all sectors.
- Contributing to the development of an annual recruitment plan and strategy for all lines of service
- Responding to experienced hire vacancies by obtaining a full understanding of the role and its requirements
- Identifying appropriate recruitment sources (agencies, Global Mobility, social media, Social Security websites)
- Liaising with Marketing on advertising & reviewing adverts
- Screening applications
- Conducting and participating in 1st and 2nd stage interviews
- Supporting candidates through the interview process with timely, accurate and appropriate communication and feedback
- Extending offers and ensuring a smooth and efficient onboarding process.
- Building and maintaining relationships with universities, and attend targeted UK careers fairs
- Building and maintaining relationships with local schools
- Working with Marketing for advertising campaigns, recruitment brochures and video updates
- Ensuring recruitment adverts are on Social Security website permanently in both islands
- Co-ordinating smooth running of recruitment events (across Guernsey and Jersey), by ensuring events are fully staffed with the right people
- Screening applicants and managing the interview to hire process, supporting candidates with timely and appropriate communication and feedback
- Responsible for obtaining relevant work permits/visas to on-board staff
- Oversight of all on-boarding activities ensuring consistent and professional joining experience
- Agencies: Building and maintaining relationships, maintain contracts/service level agreements (including T&Cs)
Applicants will ideally have worked in a HR environment previously for several years with exposure to Recruitment, ideally at Officer level, and will have good IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as the role requires contact with a wide variety of people internally and externally, at varying levels of seniority.