A commercial company, with offices out of town, is looking to recruit a Purchaser, to work as part of the team which has overall responsibility for the purchasing of authorised and parallel market stock from suppliers worldwide.
- Actively and profitably manages several allocated supplier relationships.
- Responsible for the ordering of stock for existing and new product lines ensuring due consideration of commercial factors including market conditions, availability, stock levels and potential profit margins.
- Ensures that purchase orders are created with suppliers and any supplier queries are dealt with efficiently.
- Liaises when required with the Logistics Department to assist in processing all administrative tasks in relation to the finance related matters for those suppliers.
- Works collaboratively with the Brand Manager on allocated brands with whom we have co-marketing budgets to schedule promotional activity.
- Works in conjunction with the Purchasing Director to actively source new suppliers.
- Analyse various data streams in order to continually review the profitability of allocated brands and propose new brands to consider.
Applicants will have good written, communication and interpersonal skills, have experience at an intermediate or advanced level of using MS Office programmes including Word and Excel and a knowledge of working within an e-commerce or retail business would be advantageous but not essential.