A privately owned trust company is seeking a Project Accountant for a 6-9-month contract. Responsibilities will include completing and reviewing the accounting for pensions, trusts and companies, reporting to the Finance Manager.
Duties will include:
- Review systems and accounts preparation integration in the client accounting team
- Assist with new system implementation
- Review and update accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Train the accounting team on systems/processes/procedures implemented
- Work with the Finance Manager on systems integration
- Prepare financial statements in line with current reporting standards
- Review of Trust and Company accounts in line with current reporting standards prepared by the internal accounts team
- Liaising with the company and trust department and Pensions team where necessary
- Review computations in respect of Guernsey and UK tax
The desirable candidate will have a minimum 10 years’ experience in fiduciary accounts preparation, be ACCA qualified or equivalent level qualification and have strong excel and analytical skills.