A large commercial business is seeking a Procurement Optimisation Manager, to help the Procurement Department deliver on the key challenges it faces.
- Scope projects and objectives, creating realistic plans and timelines to meet specific requirements - for example new product delivery, new channel delivery, new market delivery.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/suppliers to meet priorities and manage deadlines.
- Ensure completion of projects on time within budget and scope, articulately reporting to senior management progress, blockers and milestones.
- Guide and mentor the Procurement team through process changes and new projects, supporting the Supervisor to achieve efficiency from the team.
- Lead systems development for the department by troubleshooting user issues and solutions as well as larger systems enhancement and continuous process improvement.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps/how-to documentation, as required,
- Facilitate product changes and new product development flow, to ensure the smooth implementation of new products and product range development projects.
The desirable candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree educated, or suitable equivalent, with relevant experience.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail, numeracy and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, particularly to drive projects and chase priorities.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills to handle delicate situations with internal/external stakeholders.
- A natural problem solver with ability to think creatively in a solution-driven manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful track record in project management.
- Previous relevant work experience in procurement, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing.
- Working knowledge/experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.