A leading international bank is seeking a Private Equity Fund Accountant, to work as part of the Fund Accounting team providing private equity fund valuation and accounting services to private equity funds and underlying private equity fund vehicles.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in preparing and analysing monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual Financial Statements with supporting documentation.
- Assist in preparation of monthly valuations, reconciliations of fund draw downs and distributions, accruals, expenses etc.
- Input double entry bookkeeping to the accounting system.
- Assist in the cash reconciliation and management for the Funds
- Assist in preparation of draw down, equalisation and distribution calculations in accordance with the Fund documentation.
- Assist in preparation of Fund investor capital statements as required.
- Assist in preparation of Fund and investor IRR calculation as required.
- Attend client and audit meetings as required in relation to the provision of Financial Statements to investors.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Good accounting skills
- Good prioritisation skills to deal with a high volume of time sensitive tasks quickly and appropriately
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of fund structures and fund cash flows
- Basic understanding of the PE industry
- An interest to study towards ACCA/ACA or similar qualifications.
- Prior experience of PE and fund accounts preparation.