This is an opportunity for a part-qualified or junior accounting candidate to prepare and assist in the preparation and initial review of the financial statements of entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Account preparation to include: Checking & maintaining ledger integrity, completion of appropriate checklists, closing down of accounting periods, preparing accounts for manager review/clearing points, sending accounts for inclusion in board packs, provision of information for US and UK tax returns; preparing standard account files and liaising with auditors as required
- Client Reporting; able to prepare and issue ad-hoc reports to clients
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management: ability to understand more complex transactions and cash management procedures for specific entities; checking bank account reconciliations and cash reports
- Company Secretarial duties: understanding of procedures of arranging reports for inclusion in board pack.
- Proforma Accounts: design pro forma accounts, ensuring they are in accordance with appropriate regulations/standards and agreed with clients/auditors; maintain capital accounts for limited partnerships
The ideal candidate will be be an Accounting Technician or Part- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent, have a knowledge of book-keeping and accounts preparation is required and have Intermediate Excel skills with knowledge of Macros would be beneficial (not essential).