Our client is looking to recruit a Part Qualified Accountant, to prepare and assist in the preparation of the financial statements on investor-level reporting of entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
- Account preparation to include: Checking & maintaining ledger integrity, completion of appropriate checklists, closing down of accounting periods, preparing accounts for manager review/clearing points, sending accounts for inclusion in board packs, provision of information for US and UK tax returns; preparing standard account files and liaising with auditors as required
- Client Reporting: Critical background knowledge of entities in progress; Issuing tax forms to investors prepared by client tax advisers; Able to prepare and issue ad-hoc reports to clients
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management: ability to understand more complex transactions; understand cash management procedures for specific entities; familiar with checking bank account reconciliations and cash reports on a monthly basis
- Company Secretarial duties including: understanding of procedures; prepare and review of company minutes and agendas
- Proforma Accounts: design pro forma accounts, ensuring they are in accordance with appropriate regulations/standards and agreed with clients/auditors; Maintain capital accounts for limited partnerships
The ideal candidate will be an Accounting Technician or First Stage/Part- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent, have an knowledge of regulatory issues, book-keeping and accounts preparation is required and have technical accounting knowledge (UK GAAP and IFRS) or experience in Funds/Private Equity is preferred (not essential).
Candidates with at least 1 year of relevant experience seeking to undertake an accounting qualification will also be considered.