An independent asset management business is looking to recruit an Operations Assistant Manager to join their Operations team.
The key objectives and responsibilities of the jobholder are:-
- Operational and investment oversight to include ongoing portfolio monitoring, trade reporting, trade settlement, cash management, corporate action and proxy vote management and valuation review responsibilities
- Review and follow up with service providers in relation to cash, position and corporate action reconciliation breaks as reported by the Administrator
- Monitoring of expense accruals in line with annual budget including review of third-party invoice payments
- Board and management reporting, including the preparation and review of regular and ad-hoc statistics and reporting
- Regular review of checklists ensuring all controls are accounted for and evidenced accordingly
- Assisting with both internal and external queries including involvement with the preparation of internal audit review
- Operational risk management and control, including the effective supervision of service providers
- Assisting with new Fund set up including the on boarding process of new Investment Advisers on to the platforms of our service providers
Applicants must hold an industry qualification such as Advanced Certificate in Global Securities Operations with the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment or similar, have 3 years relevant experience in the finance industry, specifically in fund administration/management and have strong prioritisation, relationship management, and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and expectations.