Our client is seeking an Office Coordinator to assist their team in the Guernsey office on a 1 year contract, to be responsible for Workplace Management and team support, with the opportunity to be involved with KYC & Client Due Diligence work on an ad-hoc basis.
- Overall responsibility is to ensure a well-organised and effective office environment which is welcoming to clients, visitors and colleagues.
- Key liaison between the team in London and the local Guernsey based staff.
- Acting as the first point of contact for general and administrative queries
- Liaise with building management in response to maintenance issues, security, cleaning, and queries; ensure all are dealt with efficiently
- Check cleaning and security contractors are meeting our standards
- Be main point of contact with office services related vendors and service providers and manage contract and price negotiations
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time, and be main point of contact for Finance for invoice related matters
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing post and couriers
- Archiving and maintaining records for the office including arranging collection and returning of boxes
- Manage all catering and refreshments for the office, kitchen and boardroom.
- Manage all office stationery requirements including IT and other equipment supplies
- As there is not a significant amount of travel at the moment there may be some capacity to assist the Compliance team in performing KYC/CDD reviews.
The desirable candidate will have the following technical knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in managing a workplace, supporting a team of 10 or so people, and providing personal assistance, as described above.
- Some Health & Safety experience and First Aid Certificate is desirable though not essential. Likewise some KYC/CDD experience would help but not essential.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
- Ability to learn other systems quickly – Diligent, KDS, Star
- Good telephone skills – transfer, conference, etc.