Our client is seeking an experienced individual to join their team to act as the Nominated Officer and the MLCO to the Business, with the intention after a period of training in-house and successful completion of probation to assume to role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) to certain Licensees.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and where necessary undertake the AML/CFT Monitoring Programme on risk based reviews.
- Update the Country Risk Matrix on a monthly basis and update the Board’s and staff of the business with any changes and reasons for changes.
- Undertake the compiling of first draft AML/CFT reports to Boards.
- As MLCO, final review and submission of information to the GFSC in relation to Financial Crime and Terrorist Financing.
- As Nominated Officer in the absence of the MLRO, acknowledge and review suspicious transaction reports and take responsibility as to whether to make a disclosure to the authorities, the FIS, through Themis.
- Undertake further reviews on any matches that cannot be resolved on the overnight Sanctions, PEPs and adverse media data reviews.
The desired candidate will have a working knowledge of the GFSC” AML/ legislation, hold a qualification or a track record of experience within a Guernsey Regulated Trust, Fund or Investments, Financial Services Business. A current role holder or Nominated Officer would be a definite advantage in the potential employment for this Role