An award-winning law firm is seeking a Litigation Associate, to work as part of the team providing a full range of litigation services to clients. This will entail supporting the partner(s) and taking principal responsibility as appropriate for cases involving a variety of contentious work, including contentious trust and company, cross border fraud and insolvency.
- Providing an efficient and high-quality legal support service to the partners (or senior lawyers) across all aspects of their client work to include researching, writing opinions, reviewing documentation, drafting, preparing cases for court.
- Assisting in the promotion and business development of the litigation team
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff as appropriate.
- Managing such other activities/projects as may be required by the Partners from time to time.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- 2 yrs+ PQE with a Guernsey/UK/Commonwealth qualification.
- Relevant litigation experience
- Sound drafting skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to time manage and prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines