One of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups is looking to recruit a Lending Executive to join their Lending department, to be responsible for the provision of credit facilities for new and existing clients. The role requires close working with Head of Lending, the Private Client Lending teams and the Wealth Management client advisers to provide and manage credit facilities for new and existing clients and to deliver a high-quality service.
New Credit Facilities (for residential mortgages, portfolio lending and cash backed facilities):
- Dealing with lending enquiries/questions from client advisers
- Negotiating and discussing terms with clients/introducers
- Drafting facility terms for internal approval
- Preparing credit papers and presenting at Credit Committees
- Drafting and negotiating loan facility documentation including facility agreements and security documentation and liaising with the bank’s professional advisers
- Carrying out due diligence including instructing and reviewing property valuations and Reports on Title
- Analysing collateral security arrangements including portfolio analysis, custody arrangements, insurance and valuations
- Carrying out reviews of loan facilities and monitoring credit risks
- Monitoring loan facilities (e.g. financial covenants, security deposits, rental agreements)
Technical skills, experience and competencies specific to the role:
- Strong analytical skills, able to assess complex credit situations to identify the key risks and measures to mitigate risks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with clients and intermediaries, Credit Committee and colleagues
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- At least 5 years’ relevant lending experience.
- A good working knowledge of offshore banking
- CII Certificate in Mortgage Advice or CeMAP
- ACIB or other relevant banking or financial qualification would be a benefit.