A legal firm has a vacancy for an experienced Legal Secretary to work as part of a team delivering legal secretarial services to a high standard and often under pressure and time restraints.
To provide general secretarial support to Insolvency & Dispute Resolution Lawyer's including (without limitation):
- Creating (transcribing documents), editing, amending and storing of correspondence and documents in the appropriate electronic matter file
- Preparing court bundles
- Responding to internal and external telephone enquiries, and ensuring that every call is attended to in a professional and polite manner
- Billing and collections, liaising with the Clients and Accounts Department
- Photocopying and scanning of documents and correspondence
- Booking meetings and diary management
- Arranging the opening, closing and archiving of accounts and files
Applicants must have at least 2 years' relevant experience and they will need to demonstrate a high level of effectiveness in each of the following skills and abilities:
- Audio typing
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with confidential matters.
- Manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of understanding. This will include high quality correspondence.