Our client is seeking a Junior Compliance Officer to report directly to the Compliance Director, to primarily provide support to the compliance / AML / Risk services to the business and its joint licensees, but shall also provide broader support within the Group compliance function/departments.
- To support the Compliance Director in acting as the firm’s principal point of contact with primarily the GFSC, Guernsey Financial Intelligence Service.
- Assist and maintain the firm’s compliance policy framework
- Identify relevant proposed regulatory changes and work with the Compliance Director to prepare for its impact
- Assist with the overall effectiveness of the control systems and monitoring framework of the business, including all proposed ‘Compliance’ recommendations where necessary
- Ensure the execution and maintenance of a suitable Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Proactively engage with a wide range of colleagues to promote and maintain a principled and client-centric compliance culture throughout the firm
- Coordinate and assist where necessary, to ensure that all staff are trained and coached in matters related to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Assist with the timely reporting to the firm’s Board of Directors and Management
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualification, experience and personal attributes:
- 2 or more years of experience working in a compliance capacity, ideally within a regulated fiduciary firm
- High level of client- and service-orientation
- Quick grasp and good analytical skills
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach with the willingness to be adaptable and flexible when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels