A private bank is looking to recruit a Junior Administrator to join their Securities Control team, to support the day to day activities of the securities reconciliation function and other duties within the Middle Office Operations Oversight Team.
- Ensure that the Bank is able to fulfil its regulatory obligations with regard to securities reconciliations. To include reconciliation of securities positions held with custodian banks, and the reconciliation of positions recorded in the name of the Bank’s nominee companies.
- Process the manual pricing of securities, as required.
- Process daily control reports, resolving any items needing further attention.
- Observe for any repeating problems to establish the route cause, with a view to preventing future occurrences.
- Ensure that all client queries, communications and complaints are responded to in a timely manner in line with Bank guidelines.
- Bring to line management’s attention, in a timely manner, any aspects of the department’s activities which could give rise to risks or inefficiencies.
- Bring to the attention of the MLRO, any accounts or transactions causing the jobholder to be suspicious of money laundering activity on the part of any client.
- Control the investigation of all queries so they are answered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identify and advise line management of any clients with whom a wider relationship could be envisaged.
Applicants will have good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and knowledge and experience of the rules and workings of global stock exchange procedures, established practices adopted by brokers and overseas agents, world-wide banking practice is desirable however training will be provided.