Our client is seeking an Internal Controls Officer to join the Compliance & Operational Risk department, to support the Operational Risk Manager in maintaining and developing the risk register of the company.
The role requires a good overall understanding of the business and the applicable legal and regulatory obligations, rounded experience of IT systems and a deep knowledge of operational processes and internal control methodologies.
The role holder must possess strong analytical skills, a highly methodical working approach with an acute eye for detail and must be adaptable in their approach when dealing with colleagues at all levels in the business.
Required / Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally holds a degree or equivalent (level 5) or can demonstrate relevant professional studies post-secondary education
- Experience in implementing or working under a recognised Risk Management System (ideally ISO31000 or an equivalent framework)
- Strong IT technical knowledge and skills including use of a variety of applications/databases and maintains at least a basic understanding of IT network security
- Typically holds, or is willing to work towards a professional risk qualification such as the Institute of Risk Management or the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association
- Typically at least two to three years’ experience of working within an Operational Risk Team (or equivalent role) in a regulated financial services environment