A large commercial business is seeking an Internal Communications Officer/Manager to work closely with the Head of HR, Executive team, and trade unions, to promote, maintain and continually improve internal communications that involve, engage, and inform colleagues of the business.
- Be responsible for responsive, high quality internal communications to internal customers.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR establish and implementation of internal communications strategy. This includes writing, developing, and implementing internal communication plans and advising on internal communication issues.
- Development, management, and promotion of internal communication tools, including notice boards, Hoot board, team briefs and People HR.
- Working with the Head of HR, Executive team, managers and unions to promote effective internal communications and colleague engagement.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Engagement to ensure messages are consistent with external communications.
- Communications processes receive a positive response through employee survey.
The desirable candidate will have experience of a range of communication formats including face to face, electronic and written, excellent communication and inter-personal skills and confidence to deal with a range of internal and external contacts and have strong writing skills with attention to detail.
A PR, communications, marketing, media or journalism qualification is desirable but not essential.